Thursday, April 25, 2013

Homeschool 101 Seminar - Introduction to Homeschooling


We will be hosting a Homeschool 101 seminar in May for anyone in the Mobile area who is interested in homeschooling in their child. 

Veteran homeschoolers will be on hand to cover the state laws and requirements for homeschoolers and different homeschooling methods. We will have some favorite curriculums on display, along with catalogs from various homeschooling companies. There will be handouts covering the benefits and myths of homeschooling, deschooling, local support groups, and online resources.

The meeting is May 18th, 9:30-11:30 am at West Regional Library's cafe room. 

*We will not have a sitter or activities planned to keep young children occupied. Keep in mind this is an adult business type meeting. It's up to you to decide whether your child can sit quietly for two hours while adults talk or to leave them home with a spouse/sitter.

4 comments:

  1. I Would Love Information On This But Would Be Unable To Attend ThIs Meeting. Is There Anyway You Could Mail Me Info. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also would love the information, but cannot attend. Would it be possible to email or post some of the info? Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope to be able to attend. Our daughter is 2 1/2 and we are considering homeschool as one of our options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a certified teacher and in Mobile County. I'm considering homeschooling my middle school student and my high school student. Please send me any info that you can share.

    ReplyDelete